Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

limitation of opamp in the single supply differential mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesambook

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a sensor which is connected to +12V and it shows some small variations at the output.

I have an opamp which I have configured in AC input, inverting amplifier. therefore I should supply it with the load voltage and then find the best value for + rail (by default the half of the VCC which is 6), something like the figure below, but the opamp maximum supply is 3.3V. I am bounded to use this opamp and I can not change the sensor voltage.

rqyc_design1.gif

is there any method to fix this problem?

Hi,

I have a sensor which is connected to +12V and it shows some small variations at the output.
--> show the complete circuit including the sensor connections

--> show the sensor´s datsheet

I have an opamp which I have configured in AC input, inverting amplifier.
--> What exact OPAMP? manufacturer and type..

therefore I should supply it with the load voltage
What do you mean with "load voltage"?

and then find the best value for + rail (by default the half of the VCC which is 6)
Confusing.
"+ rail" usually means "positive supply" which is pin7
--> or do you mean "+IN"?

What do you mean with "which is 6)"?
Pin 6? --> pin 6 is the OPAMP output
6V? --> Why 6V?

but the opamp maximum supply is 3.3V
Why?
Because of datasheet spec?

I am bounded to use this opamp
Why?

I can not change the sensor voltage.
What sensor voltage?
Supply voltage? --> I see no need for changing the supply voltage. The OPAMP circuit does not care about sensor supply voltage.

Klaus

Need some kind of voltage regulator for the 3.3V OP. If the load impedance isn't low, a zener diode circuit might be sufficient. Or use a 12V capable OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.