Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

prolong the incoming pulse duration with some electronics solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon026

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have an input signal which goes active state (high or low) for 1usec and remain idle state (low or high) for the rest of the time ...
i want to put a delay in its active 1usec pulse . such that output has 2usec active state . i dont want to use microcontroller here , just want to achieve this with some electronics circuit. Please guide?

(the final output will be used as interrupt to 8052 controller... it sometimes miss 1usec input pulse , hence want to add some delay)

if you want to have an output 2usec pulse on each incoming 1usec pusle , insert a monostable multivibrator and use the 1usec to trigger it.
(a 555 or 74121 will do).

Hi,

(high or low) .... (low or high)
You first need to define which us which.

If you delay both you gain nothing.

Klaus

It sounds as though you wish to store an upward-going pulse, correct?
It can be done with a one-shot, or an SR flip-flop, or a DCR network.
DCR stands for diode-capacitor-resistor, configured to charge the capacitor quickly when a pulse arrives, then discharge slowly through the resistor.

@srizf thank you dear ... actually for each incoming low pulse of 1usec, it has to generate only one low pulse of 2usec duration

- - - Updated - - -

@KlausST @BradTheRad thanks dear actually a low pulse of 1us is being sent to external interrupt of 8052 (active low interrupt configured), sometime it triggers interrupt but sometime it misses, so i wanted to prolong the low pulse duration for 2usec, i hv simulated DCR in proteus but it was not extending the duration of pulse. anything specific or guideline while using this network ?

Last edited:

Hi,

show your proteus circuit.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back