Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Marchand Balun implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

promach

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the Marchand balun, both RF lines are connected to RF ground. This means you can simply try adding some capacitance or such to enforce this RF ground, and then bias them gether. Added bonus is the fact that the input and outputs are fully isolated, which means whatever you are using to drive your balun can have a DC level on that output. (see picture)

Why 100um and 200um for the Marchand balun ?

Do you guys think if I would be able to simulate a self-drawn marchand balun using software like openems , QucStudio or Z0lver ?
I do not have the money to run ADS on linux.

Note: Schematics of marchand balun is extracted from figure 3 of A 60‐GHz double‐balanced mixer with negative resistance compensation for direct up‐conversion using 90‐nm CMOS technology

Understanding **broken link removed** and Analysis and design of lumped element Marchand baluns is not trivial

QKDzg6b.png

If you're a student ,Keysight or AWR may borrow a student license for a limited time.
Or, you request a light version from sonnetsoftware..

KeySight ADS only allows student license for universities located in Canada, US, Japan and Brazil. I am not located in those countries.

NI AWR has good student license system which is not geographically-limited, but this software only runs on Windows which I do not have.

Sonnet Lite (msi file) does not even like WINE software on my linux system and crashed immediately even before GUI is launched

KeySight ADS only allows student license for universities located in Canada, US, Japan and Brazil. I am not located in those countries.
Not true. I have an ADS license and I am in Europe.

For **broken link removed** , how to derive expression (5) ?

I have downloaded book for [10] online but those book pages reference do NOT really help in proving expression (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back