Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Impedance matching in ADS encountering error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edalpy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to do the impedance matching of a rectifier. However, it always show

ERROR: (stdcmds.ael line 282, column 5)
Error generating netlist for "MyFirstWorkspace_lib:cell_1:schematic": Failed to create netlist:
There is no corresponding terminal for `P1' in the netlisted view `MyFirstWorkspace_lib:DA_LCEllMatch_cell_1:schematic 捕获.JPG

What is P1? There is no P1 in the picture! How to solve this problem? Is there any reference for doing impedance matching for rectifer by ADS? Thanks

I'm having exactly the same question... What the hell is P1?

From the symbol at the nodes, you can see that the diode model is not properly connected in schematic. Not sure why - user mistake or possibly mistake in definition of the symbol, but anyway: there is no connection.

Regarding possibly unconnected nets, have a look at the netlist: Simulate > Generate Netlist

P1: I think this is required for impedance matching, you need to have an S-parameter simulation and corresponding "Term" element defined for the input port. That is missing in your schematic.

There are few errors..
Diodes are connected as "Models" not Diodes, therefore They don't have Pins to be connected.. Change them with Diodes..
There is no simulation controller as I see..
Matching circuit here has no sense at all because your Vsin Generator hasn't any Internal Impedance.Instead, you should use Psin Generator with Internal Impedance for both small signal simulations and transient simulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.