Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pressure sensor device amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts1705

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I am a student who is developing a pressure sensor device for a medical application. I need to measure pressures between 0 and 50mmHg. Therefore, I am using arterial pressure sensors that suit my purposes (https://www.icumed.com/products/critical-care/blood-pressure-monitoring/transpac-it.aspx).
I need to amplify, filter and condition the signal before Arduino UNO can read it.

I've designed an schematic that I think can work, but now I am trying everything in a protoboard and it does not work. I have tested with a voltmeter partial voltages and the DCDC converter seems to be not working good. It does not give any output signal. I have checked again its datasheet and seems like it has a CTRL pin... but I do not really think it is the reason why it does not work. (https://eu.mouser.com/datasheet/2/468/RS-S_D_Z-958418.pdf). I do not know if the DCDC converter is broken or if I have performed a mistake before...

I would be very very very thankful if any of you could give me his/her opinion.
I attach the schematic and two photos of the protoboard.

Thank you very much!!

protoboard2.jpegschematic.jpgprotoboard1.jpeg

Hi,

At a wild guess, the wires that should be in pins 6 and 7 are currently in 7 and 8 (I'm saying that by counting the breadboard holes and where the wires are in picture 1 and what the datasheet says for the single DCDC converter, but that wiring would still be wrong for the dual converter, I think). It would explain why there's no DCDC output.

Thanks. I followed your instructions and I considered to remake the schematic and correct its mistakes. (I do not have Altium license anymore so I did it as I could).
-->I have corrected the pins in the DCDC converter according to the datasheet and also the pins in TL062.

I do not really know why, but now the DCDC converter seems to be working but it gives almost +14V in Out+ and -10.10V in Out-. Instead of +12V and -12V that is what I was expecting. However, I think this should be enough to supply to the INA128 and TL062. However, it still not working... :(schematic_2.jpg

Hi,

I do not really know why, but now the DCDC converter seems to be working but it gives almost +14V in Out+ and -10.10V in Out-. Instead of +12V and -12V that is what I was expecting.

Your expectation is wrong: The DCDC is single output = two pins. You can measure this single ouput voltage by connecting your voltmeter to these two pins.

My recommendation:

* Your PCB input is +12V (referenced to GND) --> use this everywhere you need +12V
* Disconnect DCDC_+Vout and connect it to GND.
* Disconnect C4
* now DCDC_-Vout is -12V (referenced to GND) --> use this everywhere you need -12V

Klaus

Hello everybody,

I manage to solve the problem!!!
Thank you to all you!

jts

Hi,

a forum is meant that others gain from reading this thread.
Thus you should describe the source of the problem and how you solved it.

Klaus

Hi,

a forum is meant that others gain from reading this thread.
Thus you should describe the source of the problem and how you solved it.

Klaus

I am so sorry, I thought I had attached the correct schematic but it was not upload. I think it is now uploaded.

My problem was that two wires of the pressure transducer were not working correctly.

Best wishes,

jtsschematic_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.