Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI digital isolator adum41521 idle current consuption and replcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coper

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Because I need to measure the potential of the AC 230, i need isolator for SPI bus (total 7 I/O)
My first choice is adum4152 or adum3152
If I understand well have this IC idle current consumption 4.3 mA + 6.1ma for side one and two.
10ma for 7/24 is not good
is that so?
Iis there any substitute with less idle consumption or lower price?

Hi,

is that so?
Do you expect someone to contradict the datasheet?

Iis there any substitute with less idle consumption or lower price?
I'd do a search for "digital isolator datasheet" then find out current consumption, then price.

Klaus

Unfortunately, in the datasheet you would seek this information in vain.
In dataseet is in table 5. is information only for 1MHz and 17MHz comunications speed , maybe Figure 9. and 12. but this is only typical value and value must be estimated from chart. Analog idle consumption did not publish in datasheet.

In the SPIsolator family of parts, the idle state of the inputs does not change the power consumption. They are an edge-encoded differential architecture. Idling at low or high, its the same either way. That means idle consumption will not be much lower than consumption at 1MHz
My guess +3,3V/+3,3V and 25C
Idd1 2,9-3,0mA
Idd2 4,9-5,0mA

Status
Not open for further replies.