Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital on top mixed signal design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexxk

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello fellow engineers!

I am looking for a guide on how to include a analog building block into innovus workflow.
I have a analog building block with around 200 signals going out. I need to connect all of them to my digital circuit.
Do I just synthesize the digital circuit as I am used to, then write a new verilog file, where I connect the synthesized module with the analog module? Is open access the right way to get the analog block from virtuoso to innovus? How do I find out how exactly the verilog ports are?
Do I simply take that new top.v file as my input file for innovus? Will I need to make alterations to the sdc file?

I am happy for any pointers on how to find out more about this topic!

Thank you a lot!

just treat the analog block as a macro. instantiate it in your top level .v file and you are good. SDC files might require changes to accommodate timing requirements between analog and digital.

no need for open access. a .LEF file is sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back