Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Need help stepper motor control with DRV4832

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranbeer Singh

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello experts,

I need a dedicated stepper motor controller ic to drive DRV4832 bridge ic. I found L297 ic that control L298 H-Bridge ic. Can L297 control DRV4832 or other ic like L297 that fit with DRV8432?

Hi,

The DRV8432 includes just 4 halfbridges and some error detection.
Any "controller" that is able to generate some digital signals can drive the DRV8432.

But what function(s) do you want to implement? How do you want to drive your stepper?
And what exact stepper motor is it?

Klaus

I want to control motor by PLC, PLC is able to generate pulse approx 10k-100khz. But limited output and we are planning to control 10 numbers of stepper motor.

I need just a stepper driver ic that generate motor switching sequence with at list 1/32 microstepping and control switching speed with single pulse input pin. Direction control also need.

Hi,

I want to control motor by PLC, PLC is able to generate pulse approx 10k-100khz. But limited output and we are planning to control 10 numbers of stepper motor.
Not related to half bridge driver and it's function.
What is "10k -100khz"? Is it the pulse frequency that determines the motor RPM? (Dynamic 1:10 only?). Or is it the PWM frequency to control the motor current?

I need just a stepper driver ic that generate motor switching sequence with at list 1/32 microstepping and control switching speed with single pulse input pin. Direction control also need.
1/32 microstepping is useful information.
But what microstepping scheme? Triangle, trapezoid, sine? Voltage (PWM) controlled or current controlled?

I ask myself why you choose a halfbridge driver only...
If you want control a stepper motor, why don't you choose a dedicated stepper driver that includes the microstepping feature?
Like TB6600 or DRV8825. Just do a search, there are many others.

Klaus

Hi Klaus

What is "10k -100khz"? Is it the pulse frequency that determines the motor RPM? (Dynamic 1:10 only?). Or is it the PWM frequency to control the motor current?
Actually i told my PLC maximum PWM speed. It will be 0 to 10khz or 0 to 100khz.

I need sign type microstepping and PWM control.

My motor current is 6A. I searched a complete stepper driver ic, but did not find for 6A.

I can write some codes in a microcontroller to get my work done. But my concern was to find a cheap and easy way.

Hi,

Actually i told my PLC maximum PWM speed. It will be 0 to 10khz or 0 to 100khz.
You still mix two different things.
* either PWM for current control (usually fixed frequency)
* or pulses (non PWM) for motor RPM (variable frequency)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back