Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB design from circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

estenolotienenadie

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i have a circuit that was made in AWR microssoft office, and i want to create a pcb but i dont know about it, can any person tell me how can create this transmition lines (TLINE) that apear in the diagram?
Thank you, and sorry or my english. awr.jpg

Have you ever drawn a RF PCB before ?? If you haven't, it will be a bit challenging.
Transmission Lines are not ordinary PCB tracks and they have to be carefully drawn with their dimensions.Here, TLs are given by Electrical Length ( Degree) and Characteristic Impedance ( Ohm) so first you have to transform these quantities into Physical ones using with the Substrate which is to be used.So, you should calculate these first by either by assistance a TL Calculator or hand..
Then once the Physical Values are clear, you can draw TLs on the PCB.

Hello, thanks for your responce, i have never drawn a RF PCB before, but I've always wanted to do it and i'd like to learn. If you are willing to guide me I know that I can learn, the material i will use is the ordinary Bakelite. The relative permeability i think is 4.9, the other data are in the circuit, (Z0 = 50 ohm, EL = 25 Deg and F0 = 1900 Mhz.) If you know any program that with this data can draw the equivalent circuit and i can learn, i will be very grateful and it will be useful to know it for next designs, thank you very much and sorry for my english and the inconvenience.
Regards,
Alberto.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your replay, I have downloaded the program and i dont know how to work with it. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, sorry, when i say ordinary bakelite i mean fiberglass substrate.
Thank you.

Hello, please i found this website, i think this is what i need, please let me know if data i put is correct for fiberglass and if is correct the width and the length of the transmition line.
Thank you
https://www.emtalk.com/mscalc.php?er=4.5&h=1.4986&h_units_list=hmm&f=1.900&Zo=50&EL=21&Operation=Synthesize&Wa=&W_units_list=Wmm&La=&L_units_list=Lmm

View attachment 152176

It seems correct but Tan_Delta should also be defined to get a healthy result.

OK, please if you have another better website fr this , please send it to me.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back