Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraah

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!
i am using a proteus 8 professional and i am simulating send-receive data (1 master-2slaves) using uart and i am using codevision avr for programming
an ldr is connected to each slave and connected with lcd
when i start simulation everything is ok and working but when i changing the value of ldr it can't displayed on lcd . if i stopped running simulation and started simulation again it's working but just for one time
can any one say to me where is the problem?
thnx alot Capture.PNG

Can you connect two txd pins together?

Can you connect two txd pins together?
Yes, if they are tri-stated while idle. A pull-up is probably useful to avoid floating signal.

But seriously, we don't know what farrah is doing in detail.

Yes, if they are tri-stated while idle. A pull-up is probably useful to avoid floating signal.

But seriously, we don't know what farrah is doing in detail.
Yes you could tri state one or the other by setting the pin to an input, but how does one chip know when it is safe to put its pin to output, as there is no other communication between the chips. You could implement an I2C type bus (with a pull up resistor). As you said we “we don't know what farrah is doing in detail.” But it didn’t look right to me and it is what I think is causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.