Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Master data width is more than slave data width in Qsys AXI bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1caw ex ua6bqg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Master data width is more than slave data width in Altera/Intel Qsys AXI bridge

Hi all!

Currently I am working in Quartus 17. I have created AXI bridge-based system in the Qsys, where data bus for both master and slave sizes is 32-bit. Now I need to increase AXI bridge data width to 128 bit (master side), but some of my slave devices have 32-bit data bus. I have found in "Qsys Interconnect" pdf (chapter 7, pp.61) that this situation (master data width > slave data width in AXI Bridge) is not supported by Qsys (is it right?). So, the question is how to handle this situation?

Thank you in advance!

You probably have to create a custom component that functions as an AXI 128-bit to 32-bit bridge, as I don't use Intel I'm not sure if there is a better way to do this.

Thank you very much for your answer!
Maybe someone knows way to do that using Qsys IP cores?

I'm sure there must be some tutorials or documentation on Intel's website, I'd look there first and not bother asking here.

Yes, I already tried to implement AXI interconnect with 128bit master<->32bit slave, and it does not work. Then I have searched in the Intel documentation, and found in "Qsys Interconnect" pdf (chapter 7, pp.61) that this situation (master data width > slave data width in AXI Bridge) is not supported by Qsys (as I understand!). Please, correct me if I am mistaken and there is an opportunity to do this using Qsys. That is why I ask here - to be sure.

Yes, I already tried to implement AXI interconnect with 128bit master<->32bit slave, and it does not work. Then I have searched in the Intel documentation, and found in "Qsys Interconnect" pdf (chapter 7, pp.61) that this situation (master data width > slave data width in AXI Bridge) is not supported by Qsys (as I understand!). Please, correct me if I am mistaken and there is an opportunity to do this using Qsys. That is why I ask here - to be sure.

I thought I was clear in the first post.

You write your own VHDL/Verilog design that has a 128-bit AXI slave interface which connects to a 32-bit AXI master interface. That custom design does the bus width conversion by spacing out the 128-bit transaction to 4 32-bit transactions.

I did not say to use a Qsys component or anything from Qsys to implement this.

In Xilinx land you would create a custom component and then use their tools to create a library component that ends up in their catalog, which you can then instantiate in a block design schematic. I'm sure Intel has the same type of tools. Start reading the documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back