Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

While connecting with atx power supply to boost converter the atx shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeshkum899

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am very confused as i have connected various boost circuits to normal adapters but not woth atx..Everytime i have succeeded but this time it is not working. The atx immediately shuts down with a spark it may be due to short circuit. But it works just fine with other adapters but not with any atx. Can anyone please suggest me what to do? The link below is the booster circuit.
Segolike 1 Piece New 1200W High Power DC To DC Converter Boost Step-up Power Supply Module Voltage Charger Power Output Voltage https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0753CSQ6L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gXmOCbNPGS5NV

I suppose the most obvious question is:
"is your ATX power supply 12V output rated at more than 1200W?"
I would guess it isn't. Check the rating of the 12V output of the supply.

Brian.

No the 12v rail is rated at only 290w..when m connecting a load resistor in series it is working but it tends to have a huge power loss

Hi,

What a detailed description.

* what value resistor you connected to the 12V output? 1Mohms, 1kOhms, 1 Ohms, 1mOhms?
* What device has the power loss? The PSU or the resistor?
* How much power loss?
* What's the manufacturer and exact type of the PSU? Datasheet? Photos of the rating plate?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.