Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to handle the variation in the load impedance connected to a PA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekroy

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I am designing power amplifiers, I see that, especially for BJTs, I am quiet sensitive to my load variation. And in case of antennas, if there is a galvanic contact, the impedance changes quiet a bit. How is it handled in actual products, especially at mmWave?

So is the antenna impedance variation completely taken care of in such cases?
Also what about impact of process variation combined with antenna impedance variation?

So is the antenna impedance variation completely taken care of in such cases?

Not entirely, we also cover most antennas with a radome to protect it from the environment too.

Also what about impact of process variation combined with antenna impedance variation?

Most credible Fab facilities should provide their tolerances. You can calculate/simulate the worst case scenarios and adjust your nominal design to compensate slightly for it. However, if YOU are the one doing the fab, no other way than to make a bunch of variations and measure them to gather those type of statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back