Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Furnace control - PID tuning etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berger.h

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have high temperature laboratory furnace with resistance heating element 230V/16A switched with SSD, for temperature measurement i have thermocouple type B (optional type K). For more I have in electronics energy meter any Analog Devices and have real information o amount of energier poured into the furnace.
For control have any MCU ARM and will be use PID , but I have no real experience with PID , I don't know how to correctly tune PID controller constants.

Will you advise where to find an example of how such an example is solved?
I have access to matlab, but we never used its PID tuning tools.

For control have any MCU ARM and will be use PID , but I have no real experience with PID , I don't know how to correctly tune PID controller constants

You should have a look at the most used interactive methods for tuning PID controllers, namelly:

• Ziegler–Nichols stepresponse method,
  • Chien–Hrones–Reswick method
  • Cohen–Coon method
...and choose the one with which you feel more confortable or give best results to your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.