Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compatibility question Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

antlhem

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

Currently, I am having issues completing the reliability analysis in Virtuoso ADE Assembler. And I was checking the versions. Is there any compatibility issues between the following versions:

virtuoso -W
sub-version IC6.1.8-64b.83
spectre -W
sub-version 18.1.0.077
which virtuoso
/eda/cadence/2018-19/RHELx86/IC_6.1.8.000/tools/dfII/bin/virtuoso
which spectre
/eda/cadence/2018-19/RHELx86/SPECTRE_18.10.077/bin/spectre

Best regards

They are compatible, no problem..
There might perhaps be OS compatibility..check it ..

Hi BigBoss
Thank you for your reply. What is happening is that am using is Virtuoso ADE Assembler, but the reliability simulation is failing. I am ruining this following the reliability_lab from Cadence. However the simulation is failing. So far I have increased the Linger Time. Because according to ADE Assembler User Guide, the life of an idle ICRP process is controlled by the Linger Time field whose default value is 300 second. I also set the aging time to only 1 day. But the reliability analysis still fails.

According to the failure message the IC Remote Processes (ICRPs) is not found in the remote machine.
From the ADE Assembler Guide: "When you run a simulation in ADE Explorer, it starts an IC Remote Processes (ICRPs) where it runs simulations. Each ICRP is also called a job and can be configured to run one or more simulation points."

The question. How can I make the ADE to find the ICRPs?

I have encountered an issue related with a file that cannot be reached. The message window says that "ICRP is not found in the remote machine", following you can find a screenshot: Job not found issue2.JPG

Can you run any simulation? If non-reliability simulation is running, have you all required licenses?
This message happens when job policy is incorrect.
What are the last lines in the CDS. log file? What is logged into Job.log file?
Where you running the simulation - on local machine or remotely?

Hi Dominik Przyborowski
1. I can run other analysis, like transient. But this reliability is just not running.
2. The virtuoso is checked out successfully. No problem with that.
3. The last lines of my Log file are:
INFO (ASSEMBLER-2107): Job 2 timed out while pending after 300 seconds
Timeouts are generally caused by a simulator nonconvergence or legitimate runtime.
Timeout duration can be modified in the 'Job Policy Setup' dialog. For no timeout, enter nothing.

4. I am running the simulation through a server. The simulation suppose to happen in the server in a remote manner.

A bit more lines, especially these preceding information about job time out would be useful. Also, what is in the job.log? You can find it in your virtuoso work directory. If you are using relxpert you probably need a separate license for it - are you sure you have it?

Hi Dominik Przyborowski

In the simulator mode I am choosing Spectre native not RelXpert.
1. Do I still need RelXpert?
2. What is the command in the linux terminal to check the RelXpert version?
When I type : [user1@lxa reliability_lab]$ which relxpert
/eda/cadence/2018-19/RHELx86/SPECTRE_18.10.077/bin/relxpert

3. The folder where jobs supose to be (./logs_user1) is empty.
4. I am attaching the full CDS.log

Attachments

• CDS_log4.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 168

It seems to be an issue with vnc server. Provide one of the log, i. e. $HOME/.vnc-cds/lxa:87.log
Are you using "blessed" Linux distribution (RHEL or SUSE) or another one?
In case of set up spectre native mechanism, relxpert is irrelevant.

Hi Dominik Przyborowski

Thanks for the reply. I am using RHEL. The log file lxa:87.log looks like this:
lxa_87.JPG

It seems suspicious, because non-aging simulations are running.
What is posted in the vnc-server logfile makes a hint.

In nograph mode, virtuoso is called VNC sewrver which trying to find fixed font in usr/share/X11/fonts/ directory and if such directory doesn't exist it finish job with error code, while for ADE it is nothing more like information that job cannot be submitted.
This issue usually exists when old versions of virtuoso (like 6.1.4) is running on non RedHat machines. RedHat was the only distribution which keep old xfonts directory structure (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts). However, this was solved ca 6.1.6 version.

Check, whether usr/share/X11/fonts/ exists and is not empty. In case that you would not have such directory structure ask system administrator to install xfonts-base and xfonts-100dpi packages.

You could also look on thjis thread from CDNS forum.

Dominik Przyborowski

[SOLVED]Installing xfonts-base and xfonts-100dpi packages SOLVED IT. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back