Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions to solenoids power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikr09

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to supply 11V to three solenoids valves, but i dont want to use another Step-down IC because all the components circuit increase the price of the board, so i would like to know what else i could do? What dou you recommend me?

Idea.jpg

Thanks for your attention and ideas.

Hi,

A 5-lead 3A to 5A (depending on how the PD calculations turn out) adjustable linear low dropout regulator (with enable/shutdown pin) comes to mind.

Hi,

It all depends on power, currents, duty cycle...without those specifications we just have to guess.

What about using a 12V....30V_in to 11V_out DCDC converter
And a 11V to 5V linear regulator?

Or what about connecting the solenoids to the 12V...30V input and control them with a PWM from the logic control?

Klaus

Hello,

Thanks for your reply... I changed the idea, i got a mistake before, really is as i shown on this image
Real Idea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.