Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Difference among inductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa_am

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Could someone please explain to me the difference among flat-wire, litz-wire, drum, molded and toroidal inductors? I also appreciate if you introduce me a reference about this subject.

Thank you

Re: Diferrence among inductors

I just googled each of your items. I got sale sites, tech sites and some wikipedia pages.
I expect you can google these things also.

After you've done some research on your own, then ask for help.

Re: Diferrence among inductors

Totally helpful post!!! Thank you. keep posting.
FYI, I know what google, wiki, etc are. I am asking because there are some engineers with invaluable experimental experience and I am looking for their opinion. It seems you are new and don't know the members enough.

Anyway, thank you for your advice!

It seems you are new and don't know the members enough.
Means even an impertinent request to make others do your work can have success at Edaboard?

To be serious, your question is simply to general. Without a context or application, it's just asking to retell an inductor catalog.

I did not ask anybody to go and search for me, I can do that myself. I ask the question simply because I want to know what does anybody else know about this and what criteria we should consider when we have multiple choices, practically and theoritically. such as emitted EMI, acustic noise....

If you do not like to answer the question or do not know the answer just simply pass that.

Thank you.

Forget about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back