Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF SMD attenuator makes RF path and Ground short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsr

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I'm including one SMD attenuator in my RF board . When I'm populated that attenuator on the board it shows like RF signal gets shorted with ground. I tried multiple times and come to conclusion like RF signal to ground connection establishment is just because of attenuator. I was tested only on attenuator also it shows as short on attenuator pads . I want to know is this the case with all the attenuators ? will there be any effect on RF signal ?

Attenuator type? Circuit?

In case of a resistive attenuator, the correct connection can be checked with a multimeter. Maybe you have confused the footprint pins?

Sorry , I have tested that attenuator by depopulating from the board , The foot print it self designed like that . the attenuator shows short between all the pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back