Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth connection with a smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

600V3Phase

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have been proposed to make an iPhone application that must connect wirelessly to a
a target board that has Bluetooth capabilities.

I know that the iPhone (IOS) communicates in either wifi or Bluetooth.

I am therefore wondering what Bluetooth chip is able to communicate with the iPhone?
Also if anyone knows of a good development kit that can do the job?

Then I would make the Bluetooth chip communicate with my on-board MCU.

Thanks for all feedback and help!

600V

Hi,

A rather unelaborated question...

How much time did you spend to find informations on your own?

Do you know that there are different bluetooth standards?
Did you check what BT standards your phone supports?
Are you aware that it makes difference whether you want transmit audio stream, serial data, HID data..
Transmission distance...data rate.....power supply.

Did you already do an internet search for BT modules ready to buy? What are the results?

Please do basic research on your own, show your own effort, show what you have found out.
Then please ask more detailed questions.

The more effort you show, the more detailed your answers, the better the response.

Klaus

Then Why bother answering

14 years

Yes

I’ll check tonight! So what....

Are you aware that it makes difference whether you want transmit audio stream, serial data, HID data..
Happy if I am able to transfer a byte at this point

Did you already do an internet search for BT modules ready to buy? What are the results?
Yes .... 14 years of failures and that’s why I decided to post the question. Also a few thousands lost in pcb production with a chip manufacturer that has pretty much the same support ethics you have.... vague and go nowhere

Please do basic research on your own, show your own effort, show what you have found out.
Old news

The more effort you show, the more detailed your answers, the better the response.
I just want some general guidance.... duh

Klaus, I have no need for your assistance please don’t come back.... go on your merry way

Hi,

Because:
* it simply is my job here to tell members how a forum works
* I want to help members with their query to find the right way.

Please see this (and post#2l as a well meant advice:
You say:
* "must connect wirelessly to a a target board that has Bluetooth capabilities"
* "Happy if I am able to transfer a byte at this point"

Here I see the key problem.
* Every bluetooth standard will transmit "bytes" (even if the byte is transmitted serially)
* But not every bluetooth chip/module/target board is able to communicate via every bluetooth standard / protocol.

This means:
* First you need to specify your requirements clearly
* Then members here are able to find a suitable BT chip/module/target board
Otherwise it's likely that you will fail again.

Klaus

14 years

Yes

I’ll check tonight! So what....

Happy if I am able to transfer a byte at this point

Yes .... 14 years of failures and that’s why I decided to post the question. Also a few thousands lost in pcb production with a chip manufacturer that has pretty much the same support ethics you have.... vague and go nowhere

Old news

I just want some general guidance.... duh

Klaus, I have no need for your assistance please don’t come back.... go on your merry way

Jesus, the entitlement. This is not a support forum. Get a clue.

Jesus, the entitlement. This is not a support forum. Get a clue.
:thumbsup:

14 years of effort with nothing to show for it....

Given that Apple (first link I checked) has restricted bluetooth severely in their phones makes me wonder if the OP is attempting to use one of those restricted features. Given they haven't even check what features their iPhone's bluetooth even supports for 14 years.

I also wonder why the OP insisted on opening this thread in the ASIC section (where it obviously does not belong, disregarding forum rules) and then proceeds to attack a forum moderator's constructive criticism on their "specification" (a sense of entitlement for certain).

As ThisIsNotSam says this is not a support forum manned by Apple iPhone or bluetooth chipset support personel, it is comprised of a bunch of highly experienced engineers (at least the ones who regularly answer questions) that do this VOLUNTARILY, so be appreciative of even criticism of your poorly elaborated requirements.

FYI, successful projects have detailed requirements, ones that don't fail.

I am just surprised (rather annoyed) at the attitude of the OP.
Such members and their posts should outright be IGNORED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back