Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mismatch model in Verilog-A in Cadence and Synopsys

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJGC22

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello community,

I have a question about adding models when trying to set up an MC simulation. I will be clear enough in what i'm doing:

1| I have my Verilog-A model working with no problems in DC and transient simulations. I've understood that I can use the following line of code in Verilog-A to declare a parameter and then call it in an input file:

Code:
(*cds_inherited_parameter*)parameter real my_parameter = 0;

2| When I set up my simulation (by using ADE-L or ADE-XL) in "Model Libraries Setup" I add a model file "myfile.scs" where "my_parameter" declared in my Verilog-A model is called:

Code:
simulator lang=spectre
parameters my_parameter=0.5
statistics {
            mismatch{
                     vary my_parameter dist=unif N=0.5
                     }
            }

3| Now, I've understood that "myfile.scs" notation is used for spectre. But I'm trying to use hspice so, I want to create a new file "myfile.sp" and add it to in "Model Libraries Setup" when doing a simulation. I want to call "my_parameter" (and do a process mismatch) which is in my verilog-A model but this time using hspice. How can I do it?

Best Regards,

E.J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back