Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating contact resistance with CST (or similars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anddab

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Goodmorning all,

I would like to ask you support with this topic. I'm facing the necessity of simulate with CST the contact resistance between two gold solids. In particular, I'm working with two gold lines (100um width, 2um thick, the length is not important) that interact at some distance point. I need to take in account the contribution in Insertion Loss (less important in Return Loss) of that contact, that is predominantly resistive.

Till today I performed these simulation methods:

1) placing a lumped resistive element between the two lines, with a 0.1um gap
2) calculating the equivalent conductivity of gold for a 0.1um-thick solid with a certain Ohm value (supposing the contact has that value) and placing a small sheet (0.1um thick) between the two lines
3) simulated, then realizing it's useless, the contribution of an ohmnic sheet with the wanted resistivity (Ohm/square). It was useless becase the contribution in terms of resistivity is valid only on the XY plane, when I need the contribution along the Z axis.

The first method was the one with better results, but I want to simule the whole thing without the capacitance contribution of the formed equivalent plane plate capacitor.
Any help will be very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back