Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set spherical plane wave in ANSYS HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameshuang

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
I recently wanted to try to simulate the Radar cross section of a ship using HFSS.
But I have a problem
How to emit electromagnetic waves to ships from phi = 0~180 degrees?
Am I set the plane wave excitation? (As shown below)
Note: There is no electromagnetic wave under the ship beacause it is sea level.

Please help me thanks

Figure 1: The box is far field , and I emit electromagnetic from far field to the ship
船圖.png
Figure 2: Plane wave excitation is setting to Spherical
平面波1.png
Figure 3: Plane wave excitation set to emit electromagnetic waves from 180 degrees (phi=0~180)
平面波2.png

Hello,

Rare to find anyone with any real knowledge of RCS simulation in HFSS, so take everything I say with a grain or two of salt.

I suggest starting with HFSS's own ogive-IE example. file--> open examples --> RF_microwave --> Ogive.
It looks like you setup your sweep correctly. However, in RCS simulations and MoM solving you dont need to define a large air box. The simulation assumes open air.

Also, if this is a large structure, perhaps ray optics to speed up the solving time? Check out: **broken link removed** to see how to change to ray optics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back