Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me understand how to design a dual band antenna on hfss software

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsdre

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.
I am a B.E. student trying to design a dualband antenna and simulate it on HFSS for the frequencies 1.5 and 2.4 GHz and since i am new on HFSS platform I have no idea how to design it on HFSS and measure its parameters. if theres any video link available or you people can share the details on how to design it i would be grateful.

Hi djsdre,
Your question is very general and without any knowledge of your purpose, I think no one can help you.

I suggest that:
1) Try to understand the main parameters and theories of antenna.
2) Specify the specification of your desired antenna.
3) Search on the internet to find out how to simulate and obtain an structure's parameters such as S11,gian,etc.
4) Simulate one or two articles and to deepen your understanding and your experience.

Reactions: djsdre

djsdre

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi baby_2,

I understand that my basics on antenna is weak. I am a beginner in this software domain to design an antenna. The parameters I wish to evaluate on HFSS are reflection loss, S- parameters , Gain and directivity. I have done the simulation of the frequencies 1.5 and 2.4 GHz on a microstrip patch antenna individually for the parameters mentioned. My problem now arises that i have to design these two antennas on a single chip. I have the design dimensions. The papers i referred to have used a control switch in between the antenna. But, the papers I have read does not mention the proper way to design it on chip. They have only published the dimensions and their results along with a figure of the antenna design.

I tried searching it on the web but most of the papers have done the same as the earlier paper. I did read the ansys hfss software manual and didnot find any mention of Control Switches.

Hi again,

I don't say that you are week at antenna designing but I said improve yourself.
It is not easy for a newbie to use complex structure to build the first dual band antenna with microwave switches such as Diodes , ....

I suggest that you search on the internet about dual band antenna papers( IEEE) and try to improve and change one of them to user desired goals.

Sir,
I am asking for someone to help me design that switch on the software as i am stuck on a deadline. I have searched and referred to multiple IEEE papers they do not have the procedure on the software design.

Step 1: learn to use the software
Step 2: learn about antenna basics, design a simple patch antenna or so
Step 3: learn about dual band antenna design concept
Step 4: apply to your case, using the software

Reactions: djsdre

djsdre

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi again,
I recommend the volker@muehlhaus's recommendations. However, for dual band microstrip antenna it is not a common or simple way to use electrical switch because you can provide a dual band antenna by using two resonant microstrip antennas. Could you send me your article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back