Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bipolar transistor availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiante

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Am I the only one wondering why production of RF transistors in SC-70 or SOT323 package is becomming obsolete at almost all vendors?

The only exceptions (without EOL) I can find is the BFU5*0 series from NXP.

The reason is most certainly that the market share for these devices has shifted away, and sales to the large customers has dwindled.

Why? Because integration eats modules and PCBs
where it can, leaving the scraps.

GHz and upward, small signal, mass market really wants
integration.

Am I the only one wondering why production of RF transistors in SC-70 or SOT323 package is becomming obsolete at almost all vendors?

The only exceptions (without EOL) I can find is the BFU5*0 series from NXP.

Manufacturers are moving from SC-70, e.g. SOT-323/343 to QFN because the latter is cheaper. The former requires lead-forming, whereas the latter does not. Moreover the former's gull-wing leads are susceptible to bending during automated testing and is a source of over-rejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back