Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] MAX3107 SPI UART baud rate settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehakmatej

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am using MAX3107 SPI UART ic in my hardware where baud rate must be selectable from standard values 9.6 kb/s to 12 Mb/s. My question is that MAX3107 is able to generate baud rate for all these UART speeds with fixed frequency oscillator or will I have to use programmable clock generator?
Thank you for answers.

Hi,

At first you need to define all the baud rates...

Then
I'd use the prime numbers method on your baud rates.
Or simply excel

Klaus

Thank you for reply.
Baud rates used in my application are used in Profibus standard (9.6 kb/s, 19.2 kb/s, 31.25 kb/s, 45.45 kb/s, 93.75 kb/s, 187.5 kb/s, 500 kb/s, 1.5 Mb/s, 3 Mb/s, 6 Mb/s, 12 Mb/s).

Hello!
First of all, did you read the documentation? There is an extensive explanation about the baud rate
generation. What I can tell you is that there is a baud rate generator, and that it's adjustable.
Now if you want ALL your baud rates to be achievable, then read the doc and do your math.
And if you experiment and something doesn't work, it will be time to come here and to explain
your problem.
Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.