Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FT2232H or FT4232H 16-bit parallel bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusX2

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to use the two channels of an FT232H or FT4232H as one 16-bit wide data bus?
I am going to use an ADC with a 16-bit wide parallel output and i am wondering if i can use the above chips directly to the ADC without microcontroller

Hi,

If it´s not written in the datasheet .. the chips will most likey not support 16 bit mode.

Did you read the datasheet?

The problem is, that you can´t recover timing between both 8 bit modules.

It´s long time ago since I read the datasheet, but I can´t remember a combined mode.

Klaus

I read the datasheet but i didn't find such an info in it, so that's why am asking here..

If i split the 16-bit adc output to the two channels and bridge the control pins (RXF,TXE etc) and the read the two bytes and calculate the value on the software..

Just a thought..

Status
Not open for further replies.