Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turn light by usin MOC3021/BT136 and TTP223 Module to turn on 220v lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

herreran24

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I was reading the thread, I know it was time ago, almost 10 years, but I fond a circuit (I was able to take a couple of pics) and reverse tos schematic. It's similar to what betwixt post before, it was just added a transformerless supply. It's all SMD, except the capacitors, BT136 and MOC. I wasn't able get one, which I believe might be a diode.

I'd like your suggestions since it's a long time since the last time a touch a component, more than 20 years ago.

Regards!!!

**broken link removed**

20180809_003544.jpg

20180809_002031.jpg

Attachments

• Competencia.JPG
    Competencia.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 586

Schematic doesn't make sense I'm afraid - have another go at tracing it.

WARNING - a touch sensor wired to a non-isolated 220V AC supply is a recipe for disaster. You do realize that the sensor is 'live' and could kill you !

Brian.

Hi Brian, thanks for your fast reply! Looking at the pics I have is hard to see where I made the mistake, so I decided to drop it, keep the one you suggested in your ascii Art, and put a transformerless power supply, for example https://dmohankumar.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/transformerless-power-suppl.gif, but returning to the other circuit I uploaded before, I don't see so many components in the transformless power supply...

Also, thinking about isolation, a good one could be the DCH010505D, but it's around $6 each, making the all thing expensive.

What's your suggestion Brian?

Regards!

The schematic doesn't have any current path through the triac so it can't possibly work.

To make an AC capacitive dropper to drive an isolated DC-DC inverter to drive an AC switch seems like a complicated way to do it although with some modifications it might make it safe. I hope you can see why I was concerned about safety, the TTP223 module has a direct connection to the supply lines which in your original power supply was the incoming mains AC wires! The capacitive sensor pad could well have 220V AC on it.

I can't recommend any particular product but your best bet is to look for a 220V to 5V isolated power supply and use it's output directly to power the TTP223.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back