Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Color sensor and Basys3 with VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmesne

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to make a circuit which does the following thing:

When it sees a red object it will send output 0 until it sees a green object (like a well colored cubic toy), after it sees green it will send output 1 until it sees red again. ( If it is hard to implement I'm ok with just output 0 when it sees red and outputs 1 when it sees green, I mean it is ok if the outputs not continuous but it would be great if they are continuous)

I have basys3 and have to use VHDL. I think I should use TCS34725 sensor https://www.adafruit.com/product/1334 but I'm not sure I just assumed, I would be really glad if someone helps

Some extra questions: If it is possible I will implement it on a toy RCcar is it possible to connect it with Bluetooth module to get inputs or how should I do it ?- I can use another board JUST FOR CONNECTIONS my main Project should be on BASYS-3

Thanks

I have basys3 and have to use VHDL. I think I should use TCS34725 sensor https://www.adafruit.com/product/1334 but I'm not sure I just assumed, I would be really glad if someone helps
Basys 3 has adequate num of Pmod connectors on board. So why not choose a Pmod based colour sensor for easy integration?
https://store.digilentinc.com/pmod-color-color-sensor-module/

I don't know your requirements and have not gone through the details of the above sensor.

The I2C protocol should be easy to implement in the FPGA and acquire data from the sensor.

TCS34725 Basys3 VHDL

Hi I am trying to use TCS34725 to identify Green and Red Colors, it has I2C interface and i could not find any I2C interface about this and i am not capable to write a protocol code what should I do I am stucked.

I just need when it sees green it turns one led and when it sees red it turns another led.

Colour-sensor(I2C slave) <--> FPGA (I2C master + main_design)

Please understand that a full-scope project development support is not the objective of these forms and is also not possible. You ask specific questions and you will get helpful replies.

Break down your project into multiple parts:
1. I2C master - there are freely available cores, get one and implement it.
2. I2C slave (your colour sensor) - Verify if it can communicate with <1>.
3. Check if the main_design can read the data register of the I2C master (which should be populated by the data sent by the colour sensor).
4. Now it is your game what to do with the data (e.g. - glow various on board LEDs as per the register data, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.