Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Room Temperature using MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkates2218

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I'm working in an project.In that I have to detect the temperature of the oven and have to control the speed of the motor by using MCU.
LM35 interfaced with PIC18F4520 and measured the temperature inside oven.Measuring the temperature with MCU working fine.
How to control the speed of motor based on temperature..?

That depends entirely on the kind of motor and it's power requirements. Tell us more and we will try to help, at the moment we don't know anything about this oven, it could be a quartz crystal oven (about 4 x 4 x 3cm) up to a cement dryer (20m x 4m x 4m) and you could be using a small battery up to a 3-phase grid connection.

Brian.

It's an HOT air oven.Their is an filament inside the oven,which operated by an temperature controller.
The motor is single phase 4AMPS,230VAC,induction motor.Already the speed is controlled by mechanical type switch But now trying to make it automatic..

Please specify "control speed".
- on/off control
- switching between discrete speeds
- continuous speed variation

In addition, what's expected about speed accuracy and load dependency? Does the instrument involve a speed measurement?

It's an cooling fan.It's always in ON condition.Highest RPM is 1800.When the temperature is low the fan will rotate at low speed,when the temperature is high the fan will rotate at high speed.
Their is no specified RPM for particular temperature.After controlling the speed of motor only I have to calibrate the speed of motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back