Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison of gm/id VS vgs curves for nfet and pfet in FINFET technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicuser

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i plotted gm/id VS vgs(vsg) curves for nfet and pfet in FINFET technology.The maximum gm/id is 20 for nfet but that is 40 for pfet. why??:shock:

these curves have been shown in following:

gm-id.JPG

(Note: The maximum gm / id for nfet and pfet is similar in MOSFET technology):roll:

thank you

This looks wrong. I have also done gm/id vs. Vgs for N and P MOS transistors in 16nm TSMC and I don't see this behavior. In my case both types of transistors see a rising trend in gm/id as Vgs decreases and reach a value of about 30 for Vgs=0. I have not done this for technologies below 16nm.

Are you using the PTM from Arizona State University? I have observed some weird behavior in those models previously.

thank you. do you have FINFET 16nm TSMC library with independent gates now ? can you send for me?
…………..
no. i use bsim from berkeley. did you plot curves in finfet technology?
…………..
i plotted curves in 55nm finfet technology. did you plot curves in finfet technology?

For obvious reasons I can not send you the TSMC library.

Are you sure that 55nm is a finfet process? Finfets started with 20nm and below.

Yes, I did the curves for 16nm finfet.

thank you. Are you sure that Finfets started with 20nm and below?
how can i find finfet technology?

If you mean if you can find finfet models - you can't unless you work with a design kit for that technology.
If you mean finding information about finfet devices - well, easiest is to search the internet.

Thank you. Yes, I want to find finfet models for simulation. Is a design kit needed for simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back