Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LGA-12 footprint design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfdesign1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would be grateful if some experienced designers could evaluate the attached proposed footprint design and provide any feedback. I've had trouble with similar packages in the past. Not sure if it was the footprint design, pcb fabricator, or the assembly house.

The footprint details I am planning on using are at the bottom of the pdf attachment.

Forgive me for using inches on a metric 2mm x 2mm part. :)

Thank you much,
Dave

Attachments

• LSM303AGR FOOTPRINT ANALYSIS.pdf
    458.8 KB · Views: 122

Hi,

What trouble?

Klaus

Klaus,
About 10% of the circuits built with a similar IC that this will replace have had a failure related to processor communication with the part. I've asked for x-ray analysis from the factory and buzzed out failed PCBAs, but no obvious answers yet.
-Dave

Hi,

You talk about soldering problems?
False disconnect?

Klaus

IC fails to respond to any comm via SPI bus. Signals into IC are good. Nothing ruled out at this point.

Do you know if the copper, soldermask, and paste pattern shown in original post is good?

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back