Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to config GPMC on beaglebone black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamidkavianathar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys
I am beginner in embedded linux. I want to send some data to a FPGA with GPMC port of a beaglebone black board. I'm using kernel version "Linux beaglebone 4.14.79-ti-r84 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 13 20:11:18 UTC 2018 armv7lGNU/Linux". I wrote a simple dts and then complied it and finally added this file "uboot_overlay_addr4=/lib/firmware/CUSTOM-GPMC-00A0.dtbo" to/boot/uEnv.txt file. after reboot I checked the /sys/kernel/debug/pincntrl/44e.../pingroups file. I can see that gmpc is added to this file. but when I check the /sys/kernel/debug/pincntrl/44e.../pins file, the their values do not match with values I have set in dts file. when I want to write to gmpc address with mmap function I receive bus error. could you please tell me what I should do?
thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back