Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Transfer (image of LCD display) between the DSO and PC over RS-232?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emaq

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a GDS-810S Digital Storage Oscilloscope. I want to save the display image by data transfer between the scope and Desktop PC over RS-232 interface. How can I do that? I do have the serial cable which can connect the scope to the PC serial port (RS-232).

The scope manual says "This oscilloscope can transfer data between the scope and other instrument over the RS-232" and it has the "Printer Menu" available with printer "Type HP". It also says "Press the HARDCOPY push button to start printing from any time after printer is properly configured". However, it also states "The built-in RS-232 serial interface allows for remote controlled operation by a PC".

The manual is located at https://www.electroninvest.com/shop/items/instek/GDS-800-user_manual.pdf

I am not sure if I can save the display data via RS-232 and if so how. Please help with this issue.

Hi,

I assume the data is sent as "HP printer language".
I dont know if there is a software that can generate a standard picture format (.BMP, .JPG, .PNG...)
You may write your own software.

Generally: I´d expect that the DSO sends out data to the printer (PC) as soon as you press the hardcopy button.
Maybe the DSO interface expects some RS232 signal that shows that there is a printer attached.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back