Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio input to amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I have small audio amplifier module(with Sd card).I connect 1watt/8 ohm small speaker at its output.if i want to play music files in big speakers of 200watts or more(used in schools,functions) by using the same module but how i connect it to big amplifier ??
please reply.
Thanks,
tepu

The 2 wires right before the speaker(1W) need to be connected to an audio jack(stereo or mono) and after that you can connect them to an amplifier or which ever system is powering the big speaker(200 watts).

Last edited:

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

Without more information it's hard to give good advice.

Maybe it's a BTL output, maybe it's class D output....
In my eyes it's no good idea to connect the input of a power amplifier to the output of another speaker amplifier.

Klaus

.if i want to play music files in big speakers of 200watts or more...

The small power output of the small audio amplifier is going to be insufficient. The big speakers will not be able to produce any decent sound.

You will need another big amplifier: that can handle the jumbo speakers. The input to the power amplifier can be driven by the output of the small power amplifier (1-2W).

Use the AUX input (or line input) connection of the power amplifier to connect the output of the small audio amplifier module. Avoid using the microphone input (they will have a preamplifier and will produce distortion)- if that is also available.

To drive 200W speakers you may need amplifier that can handle around 500W output; avoid using the volume control knob at the max setting.

Reactions: mulatyazew

V

mulatyazew

Status
Not open for further replies.