Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] CMFB loop bandwidth requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

does the GBW of the CMFB loop should be equal to the differential op-amp GBW ot it has nothing to do with it.

Thank you very much

Application wise, you'll be looking for gain dependent closed loop bandwidth rather than gain bandwidth product.

The answer depends. High CMFB bandwidth is desirable if a true differential amplifier is driven by an (partly) unbalanced signal and wanted to balance it, otherwise CMFB performance is not so critical. For GHz amplifiers, it's unlikely to achieve similar CMFB bandwidth.

Thank you FvM for your reply

Can you please tell me the reason why my vote to help is limited ?

- - - Updated - - -

so I would say the GBW of the closed loop CMFB can be less than or greater or whatever value demands our application, in all cases it has nothing to affect the characteristics of the differential GBW

Each member has a limited helpful points budget which is refilled periodically.

Your CMFB GBW does not need to be high as your differential amplifier GBW, and often its quite difficult to achieve it as your CMFB loop will see more poles than your differential amplifier. If you have large output swings, then because of the "non-linear" behavior of your transistors, the node going up and the node coming down will behave differently. A large CMFB loop GBW will try and reduce that. But its only a minor detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back