Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual band variable gain amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johannah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day Everyone!

I'm currently studying about dual band variable gain amplifier for wifi which means the 2.4GHz and 5GHz. This block is part of the AGC. However, I believe that this frequency will be down-converted since this block is after the mixer in the receiver. I don't know what is the usual LO frequency for wifi. Does anyone know what is the frequency that I will be targeting in my VGA design? Also has anyone has a reference for dual-band VGA architectures. So far, i haven't seen any.

Thanks a lot for those who will help me.

To answer to your questions you have to know what receiver type is used by the system. Super-heterodyne (unlikely), direct conversion, low-IF, etc.
If the VGA is placed after the mixer, there is no "dual-band VGA". In both situations (2.4GHz and 5GHz) the VGA's should be the same.

Thank you for your reply, sir. Can you recommend any book or reference for designing a VGA? Actually, this VGA is for the transceiver and I'm a newbie in RF design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back