Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No commercial 10MHz-50MHz antenna ? How to build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I don't find any commercial antenna operating at 10MHz-50MHz. Why there is no horn antenna work at 10MHz, the size of the horn antenna is not so big.

antenna.png

Then I have to build a simple antenna connected with an RF signal generator with an SMA connector.

I guess the antenna I built is based on inductor loop wire, but the SMA connector has two nodes (a signal and a ground), how I can connect the SMA with the inductor loop wire with only one node ? Should I just leave the ground node of the SMA connector floating? Thanks.

I thought not ;-)

The dimensions are for you to enter...

You should give some additional informations. Are you planning a wide band transmitter or receiver antenna? A wide band receiver antenna might be made electrically small (with respective losses), a transmitter antenna effectively not. Tuning a small antenna to a different frequencies in the 10 - 50 MHz range is however feasible.

Yes! We ALL like using waveguide at 10 MHz. That way if it is raining, we can park our cars inside of it so they do not get wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back