Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with microstrip transient simulation HFSS ANSYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamiloSanabria97

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to simulate the impulse response of a microstrip in Ansys hfss so I am using the transient solution type. But i dont know how because when I create the wave port, as in frequency simulation, I get the error "The port has no terminals defined on it".

Thanks to all.

Camilo
Student and assistant Universidad de los Andes Colombia

Hi,
I assigned the terminals manually, but now I get the following error: "Too few conductors were found on port 1. There should be one conductor for each terminal, with one additional reference conductor. Unintentional contact between conductors may cause this error.". I dont know why because is a simple microstrip, I only have two conductors (Ground plane and the cooper of the line)

When setting up the terminals, did you select the ground plane to be the reference? There should only be one terminal per port.

If this is set up properly, then you may have unintentional contact somewhere else, e.g., with an unassigned boundary which may default to a PEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back