Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD9834 DDS Function Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansu16

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to make a DDS function Generator and need some help regarding the procedure and schematic.can anyone help me out regarding this.
Thanks

Could you give us maybe even ONE specific? Or would you like us to just read your mind?

You know, you can BUY a DDS chip. Or you can implement a DDS in an FPGA.

have you work on that ? DDS AD9834

Hi,

Please give useful informations what you need.

Datasheet with layout guidelines, application notes, application software, evaluation board, evaluation board documentation with schematic and layout --> go to the analog.com web site.

Additionally there are cheap ready to buy modules.

Klaus

first of all thanks for you consideration.
secondly i want some guidelines how to make a function generator using AD 9834.need to know steps how to do and what to do.
Thanks
Regards
Ansu

Hi,

Analog.com provides all you need. Use it, it is for free.
There is no way around reading the datasheet.

I don´t know where the problem is.

Klaus

i need to know from where to take a start in making a function generator.

i want to know from where should i start.

AD9834 DDS Waveform Generator

Hi,I want to create a DDS Function Generator capable of producing Sine,Square,Triangle and pulse Waveforms upto 5Mhz.I want to use AD9834 as it produces all four functions.I also want to try and implement AM and FM. I want to know if anyone has already done it and has a base circuit which I can work on.
Thank You

Ansu

unable to find schematics.can you help me out

i want complete function generator.I want to create a DDS Function Generator capable of producing Sine,Square,Triangle and pulse Waveforms upto 5Mhz.I want to use AD9834 as it produces all four functions.I also want to try and implement AM and FM. I want to know if anyone has already done it and has a base circuit which I can work on.

Analog Devices has done it.
They sell an evaluation board and a "connect to your PC" board, with software, directions and everything else you want.
If I read the website correctly, its about $80 American.

I believe the software, data sheets and application notes are free.

can you explain more about evaluation board and other aspects you mentioned above.

Hi,

May I ask what you have done so far:

Did you read the datasheet?
Did you read the "evaluation board user guide"?
Did you see the schematic and the PCB layout?

Klaus

Ansu, you keep saying the same thing over and over: "I want to make a function generator, where do I start. I want to make a function generator, where do I start?". People here have tried to offer some guidance, but you stubbornly refuse to show any initiative or desire to do anything other than have others give you a design.

Have you even read the datasheet? The evaluation board users guide? Have you even visited the analog devices website??

People here are just going to start ignoring you unless you show that you've actually done SOMETHING. A block diagram. A specific question. Where are your problems? What don't you understand? We are not here to design stuff for you.

i want complete function generator.I want to create a DDS Function Generator capable of producing Sine,Square,Triangle and pulse Waveforms upto 5Mhz.I want to use AD9834 as it produces all four functions.I also want to try and implement AM and FM. I want to know if anyone has already done it and has a base circuit which I can work on.

**broken link removed** and 18F2550

Status
Not open for further replies.