Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mulitple antennas for the same feed line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsr

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I wanted to implement one optional antenna on to my R&D Transceiver board. There will be one fixed SMD antenna on my board , just being in safe side I optionally wanted to connect an SMA/UFL antenna connector to it. Can anyone suggest me that how can I achieve that one. I come up with one option RF feed line to 'T' model connection to two different antennas. if it is the case , Previously both paths will be opened (Not connected to antenna) , Depends on requirement will short one path . So , How can I short that path ? Which component (Inductor or 0 ohm resistor) is the best option to do that ?

Use SPDT switch or pin diodes. Control voltage for SPDT/pin diodes may be provided by microcontorller, some antenna detector circuit/mechanism or mechanical switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back