Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74HC595 input/output

Status
Not open for further replies.

bywarfare

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I have seen in a circuit had 12LEDs and 12Buttons before.
These buttons and LEDs has been controlled by only 3 pins thanks to 74HC595.
And I now need this circuit but don't have any idea how to make the circuit.
I would appreciate if you help me.

There are hundreds of previous discussions about microcontroller SR IO circuits, you may want to type in 74hc595 in search field above, or start with the similar threads indicated on the page bottom.

Yes, you're right but there are 24IOs and all of them aren't inputs. I know that it can control the maximum of 12inputs at the same time.(as 4x3keypad. = 7inputs)

Hi,

you are free to use more than one IC ;-)

I´m sure you will find a lot of schematics and even code .. if you do an internet search. Even a datasheet should contain enough information.

But I miss information form your side (requirements..)... and I can´t see any effort from your side.
What have you done so far?

You say "you have seen a cricuit" ... why don´t you show us.... or modify it on your own ... that it fits your needs?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.