Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ENC28J60 chip based module with Atmega16

Status
Not open for further replies.

avijit36

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to make a atmega16 based control and data acquisition board connected with a control PC via Ethernet port, where electronic board will be far away from the control PC (may be 100 mt.) inside our own organization. All the computers in our organization network has a fixed IP address (like 172.12.x.XX). Instead of using an Arduino UNO board, can I use a HanRun ENC28J60 chip based module with Atmega16 PDIP IC? If my plan is feasible, can anybody please give me web links to have suggestion and tutorials to learn? I may create a html based GUI in my control PC for control and monitor. Shall I have to allot a fixed IP address to the HanRun board to activate it in our local network? If yes, how? Will it be necessary to know the MAC address of ENC28J60? If yes, how? Ethernet based communication is very new to me.

I can't help with links but you can allocate a fixed IP address or use DHCP if your network supports it. The ENC28J60 is a pretty dumb but useful IC, it has to be configured before use and you can set the MAC yourself. As long as it is unique and internal to your own network you can use any number you like but be careful if you make it accessible over the wider internet.

It might be worthwhile looking on the Mikro web site for examples on how to configure it.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.