Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller interface with led and relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshh

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I lost the atmega (PORTD.0 is burnt and always low), . led on PD0 is connected to 500 ohm and PORTD.0 is gone. but the othe port PD1 isn't affected its led is connected to 220 ohm. what is wrong with this connection

Attachments

• circuit.PDF
    11.9 KB · Views: 117

It would be better to connect the LEDs and series resistors across the relay coil but assuming you also have the grounds connected to the MCU, it should still work without causing damage.

Brian.

Hi,

With this circuit you can't kill the port.
--> Show us your real circuit.

We can't verify
* your power supply circuit including capacitors,
* your reset circuit...

Klaus

I lost the atmega (PORTD.0 is burnt and always low)

How did you came accross this conclusion? Have been PD0 working so far and suddenly did not show activity anymore? Where is the code used on this experiment, are you sure you have configured I/Os correctly?

Yes it was working for a month then stopped suddenly. I thought that the resistor value is low and the port pin couldn't handle it so i increased the resisor and changed the atmega then i lost it again. This is the third time to post it why this pin? Why not the other pins. Nothing is connected to it but led and transistor

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

With this circuit you can't kill the port.
--> Show us your real circuit.

We can't verify
* your power supply circuit including capacitors,
* your reset circuit...

Klaus

You want the pcb layout?

Hi,

You want the pcb layout?
It depends whether you want it to be checked by us or not..
And the sane is true with all the informations you give.

Until now we can only check the schematic and the given part values.
And we decided, that the schematic will not caused the described problem.... thus

There is a chance that:
* the error doesn't exist at all --> show/tell how you verified it
* the PCB layout is problematic --> show us your PCB layout, if you want it to be checked
* wrong wiring --> photo
* wrong capacitor types --> exact type and manufacturer, datasheet
* unstable power supply --> scope pictures
* soldering errors --> detailed photo
* the used part values don't match the schematic values --> photo
* wrong port setup --> code
and so on ... temperature (ambient, soldering), ESD, EMC, ...

Klaus

this is my circuit except that the serien is connected directly through resistor to the MU

Attachments

• inc.pdf
    22.5 KB · Views: 101

Hi,

you try to fool us?

Now the "killed" PORTD.0 has a totally different circuit..
And additionally you tell us that the circuit for the "killed" port is even different than in the new schematic.

Klaus

Sorry i forget to tell you its counterpart on my circuit. Pin 14 is the burnt pin.
I thought that it won't make difference

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't expect that you would ask me for my real circuit so i give portd as atypical example

Hi,

So is OK when we give equally confusing, unreliable and "typical" answers?

Now it is Pin14.... this is PB0.
* On one schematic totally unconnected, ...
* at the other schematic named as "motor" but no other circuitry, no other information...it has nothing to do with LEDs and relays...

I´ll spend my time with other things..

Klaus

I attached the relay board. I found the problem it was the transistor 2n2222 that is connected to PD4. what are the possible causes for losing this transistor?

Attachments

• relay board.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back