Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS Gilbert Cell Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdulrahmankh7

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.

I am looking for a book or a paper that gives a design procedure for mixers in general and CMOS Gilbert cell in particular. I have Razavi's and Lee's books but they don't explain the design steps for Gilbert cell. I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you very much
Abdulrahman

Razavi has 2 books, I don't know which you referred, in the "Design of CMOS integrated circuits" the gilbert cell is mentioned, it gives some explaination, but in the "RF microelectronics - 2nd edition" mixers are explained much better in details.

In RF Microelectronics, it explains the concept but not the design.

I think these books cover the the knowledge to design a mixer, not step by step tutorial, but a Gilbert cell is 6 transistors basically. General CMOS design experience is necessary.
I cannot recommend you more, but take a look maybe at Jacob Baker's book, there is cahpter which is connected to what you want: 27.3.2 Multiplier Design Using Squaring Circuits, page 928

Thank you very much for the reference, frankrose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back