Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor value variation on TSMC 0.18um Technology Process and PRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatiasJHZ

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to everyone,

currently I'm designing an active RC filter, it is a CR-RC2 Pulse Shaper. The technology process is TSMC 180nm (Link: **broken link removed**).

I have to implement the resistors of my filter. It is known that their values cannot be accurate defined due to process variation. That's why I want to implement a Programmable Resistor Array (PRA - just simply as resistors and CMOS switches) for each resistor of my filter. The problem is that I don't know a priori how much variation I can expect from the process. I need to know this in order to design the PRA.

Should I be concerned in anything else when designing the PRA? Can anyone suggest me a proper and different way to make my filter tunable?

This is my filter schematic:

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 5.39.02 PM.png

If the Foundry has supplied a PDK with Statistical Information, you can find how much your circuit will be impacted.
A Monte-Carlo simulation will give you an insight..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back