Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using spiral inductor after SRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pragash

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing bandpass filter at 2.5GHz in PCB board. I'm using lumped component for all the capacitors and designing spiral inductors in PCB. Those spirals seeing negative inductance when i optimize the design. please let me know if i use negative inductance in my RF filter design and what is the impact.

negative inductance is because im using the spiral after the SRF.

my off the top of my head comment would be: if you end up needing negative inductance inductors in your filter, you must have way too much parasitic inductance/transmission line length in your layout. At 2.5 GHz...things have to be SMALL, or they act like transmission lines instead of lumped elements.

to reduce parasitics inductance, i have to use short and thicker traces right? any guideline for designing characteristic impedance of the interconnects at 2.5GHz?

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back