Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] A relay coil rated 24V- (is this 24Vac or 24Vdc ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

i200yrs

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys...sorry for this simple questions. I got relay part number v23037-a0005-a101, the rated coil voltage is 24V- ? I search for datasheet but also not stating if V- is DC or AC. Anyone have experience/knowledgeable with this V- in relay? thanks

it should be DC, otherwise how you want to control it?
using another relay? of course not. therefore it is DC. the maximum tolerable of relay's contacts voltage and current are also mentioned.
as the result 24V is the coil voltage which you should supply to make it "act". it is a bit high, looks like to be big in size and industrial rated.

Hi,

What is printed on the relay:
* "24V-" --> means DC
or
* "24V~" --> means AC.

Or read the datasheet: (sadly in German)
Kleinschaltrelais E2 V23037
für Gleichspannung, neutral, monostabil
... where "Gleichspannung" means "DC".

Klaus

Thanks for translating mr KlausST...thanks also @Hesambook...problem solved :)

Normally Ac relay coils will be of more than 100Volt. It should be DC. If you still have doubt you can use a DC power supply and slowly increase the voltage from 0-24V and check the coil current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back