Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are software and hardware requirements for a embedded system mounted on a rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are software and hardware requirements for a embedded system mounted on a rifle scope?

I need to specify detailed image processing and graphics overlay requirements for state of the art rifle scope? I'm looking to specify the entire pipeline starting from image sensor to display. The specification needs to be comprehensive. It'll be used to select resources such as Integrated circuits, knobs, buttons, memory, etc.. The specification will also drive detailed design document and will be used to validate the final product.

Image sensor needs to be monochrome, with sufficient resolution, high dynamic range. I also need to specify image sensor calibration but what is the need to calibrate image sensor? How calibration works in a typical image sensor from BAE Systems?

The specification should include Reset Initialization specification, Normal Operation Specification, and Fault Operation specification.

Image sensor needs to be monochrome, with sufficient resolution, high dynamic range. I also need to specify image sensor calibration but what is the need to calibrate image sensor? How calibration works in a typical image sensor from BAE Systems?

It involves taking dark frames for dark frame subtraction to remove static image sensor noise. There is also temperature calibration.

Reactions: jani12

jani12

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The image sensor is infrared.

How calibration works in a typical image sensor from BAE Systems?

If you are referring to aerospace application, I assume that it is not a trivial task to be accomplished from a unique approach. They may use more than one camera to provide the necessary depth cognition in order to be able to estimate distances from triangle perspectives, as well as it would be not that implausible to admit the possibility of using some additional resource to make necessary corrections, such as a laser pointer, dynamically focusing lenses, etc...

jani12

The image sensor is infrared.

I don't think that makes a difference, you still need to use a "cold frame" i.e. dark frame of no thermal input to determine the image sensors sensitivity differences across the die.

jani12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back