Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GYS INVERTER 70-12 HF help

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo28.10

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys I need help to fix my charger GYS INVERTER 70-12 HF

there is few parts burned
I have already contact Gys.fr for repair manual but no chance to get it

any anyone who can help me to fix my problem

Thanks
Best regards
Rob

Attachments

• burned parts1.JPG
    burned parts1.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 186
  • burned parts.JPG
    burned parts.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 165

It might help if you state what made components blow up:
* How were you using the unit?
* What mode it was operating in (inverting, charging)?
* What was attached to it?
* What amount of power went through it?
* Did a fuse or circuit breaker trip?
* Was it caused by reversed polarity battery cables?
* Do any functions still work?

Looking at ads on websites, they make it appear that GYS products are sophisticated devices. Do they have safeguards to protect from mishaps?

You circled a small IC which does not carry much power, so it's probably part of the control section. It has tiny pins which require skill for anyone to desolder and then solder a new IC. The board appears to have a clear epoxy coating which makes repairs more difficult if not impossible. There may be additional components broken which need to be diagnosed.

Can you recognize the power carrying components? Do you know the theory how they work?
Can you find a schematic of a similar unit on the internet? Or a schematic of a control system?
You may be able to construct a homebrew control system and thus gain back some utility of your unit.

It might help if you state what made components blow up:
* How were you using the unit?
* What mode it was operating in (inverting, charging)?
* What was attached to it?
* What amount of power went through it?
* Did a fuse or circuit breaker trip?
* Was it caused by reversed polarity battery cables?
* Do any functions still work?

Looking at ads on websites, they make it appear that GYS products are sophisticated devices. Do they have safeguards to protect from mishaps?

You circled a small IC which does not carry much power, so it's probably part of the control section. It has tiny pins which require skill for anyone to desolder and then solder a new IC. The board appears to have a clear epoxy coating which makes repairs more difficult if not impossible. There may be additional components broken which need to be diagnosed.

Can you recognize the power carrying components? Do you know the theory how they work?
Can you find a schematic of a similar unit on the internet? Or a schematic of a control system?
You may be able to construct a homebrew control system and thus gain back some utility of your unit.

Thanks for contacting me
I bought it already in broken condition so is difficult to say what happened with charger I just need to get schematic and parts list and I will replace all burned parts

Status
Not open for further replies.