Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics Engineering Field Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

techlife

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Electronics Engineering is towards core rather than programming/coding. As in addition to the core part, What programming languages do one learn keeping in mind the current scenario. If anyone can help with the books to refer or a particular website for learning languages for beginner's please do let me know.
Also, What can we explore/Learn more in electronics (As in detail and what important aspects in electronics that one should learn).
Basically, I need some guidance in the electronics field.

Hi,

a rather unelaborated question.

What language to use is mainly a question about your application and the used microcontroller.
We don´t know both.
I need some guidance in the electronics field.
This was expectable, because you are posting in an electronics forum ;-)

Do you have an idea how wide the "electronics field" is?
From simple LED with current limiting resistor, to transistors, integrated digital circuits, microcontrollers and their periferals, PLDs, ASICs... analog circuits, OPAMPs, signal processing, RF, interfaces and their protocols, data processing... power electronics like SMPS or power amplifiers .... PCB layout ... and a lot more...

I assume you don´t want to learn this all at once.

I recommend to go step by step from the basics to one topic of your choice.

Klaus

Sorry, but your questions are so broad as to be pointless.What languages should you learn? Well, what do you want to do? Data processing?real-time control? Speaking metaphorically, what language you should learn depends on what country you want to go to.

What “important aspects * should you learn? Well, if you know nothing you should learn basic electrical circuits: Ohm’s law; Kirchoff’s laws; basic components(resistors, capacitors, inductors). Then move on to digital circuits.

And it’s not clear what you mean by “core”.

Hello,

The field is wide and that's the reason I said what's needed in the current scenario.
Thank you @KlausSt Would like to learn microcontrollers.
Haven't Learnt about data processing and real-time control yet but would like to give it a try @barry. By core I meant using less of programming languages.

Suggestions are always welcomed. (Newbie to the forum and in the electronics field) :)

Hi,

Please define: "the current scenario."

Thank you @KlausSt Would like to learn microcontrollers.
You really have to be more specific. There are a lot different microcontrollers, and there´s a good reason for this: Because there are a lot different requirements usually determined by the application.
Different
* pin count
* price
* memories (Types, size...)
* architecture
* perifierals
* speed
* and many more

"learn microcontrollers"
Every microcontroller should be able to ON/OFF a LED. But only a couple of microcontrolers are good for image processsing, real time audio processing... only a couple have Ethernet interface or USB_Host interface....

"learn microcontrollers" could also mean that you want to implement a microcontroller core into an FPGA, or ASIC or you want to design your own...

Haven't Learnt about data processing and real-time control yet but would like to give it a try
As barry said: you have to learn the basics first: R, C. L, Ohm´s law... reading and drawing schematics, doing device calculations on your own, reading and understanding datasheets, drawing flow charts, and many more...
If you are not able to do every single of the above --> it´s not yet time to think about "process control" or similar.

--> start with the basics.

By core I meant using less of programming languages
--> ???

Klaus

Hello,

By current scenario I meant the latest trend in electronics be it controllers or VLSI designing etc. Core meaning- learning about electronic devices and it process of fabrication, implementation etc unlike the programming languages (C, C++, Python, Java).
Coming to the microcontrollers, the most used controller in electronic devices. As for now I am not considering application based controller, I am just wanting to study and learn the concept of it.

Thank you.

Hi,

For being specific, I need to know about the controller first. I am on the learning stage as for now and would like to know where to start from. Thank you for the guidance so far. @ klausST

Status
Not open for further replies.